Deerfield product Vince India has been struggling as a rookie on the PGA's satellite Web.com Tour this year, but he didn't struggle on Monday in a local qualifier for the U.S. Open.
The former University of Iowa golfer shot a 10-under-par 61 to earn medalist honors in a local qualifier at Waterlefe, in Sarasota, FL. India played there because it was close to his new residence in Lakewood Ranch, FL. India moved there after obtaining playing privileges at the Concession Club, the site of the annual Big Ten Match Play Championship.
Concession is also the home course for former PGA champion Paul Azinger and Tony Jacklin, the former U.S. and British Open champion. The name of the course was inspired by Jacklin, in honor of a memorable Ryder Cup moment when Jack Nicklaus conceded him a short putt that led to the competition between the U.S. and Europe ending in a tie in 1969. Last month Concession hosted a new team event, the Concession Cup, which pitted amateur teams from the U.S. and Europe against each other. (more…)
- 8 rounds (greens fee AND cart) at 8 great Chicagoland golf courses (seven 18-hole, one 9-hole).
- 7 greens fees at 7 great Chicagoland courses (five 18-hole, two 9-hole).
- 1 Player’s Choice greens fee; select from 12 courses, 10 in Chicagoland, 2 in Florida.
- Destination Bonus! 2 rounds and 1 greens fee in central Florida.
- GolfVisions' special Player's Pass preferred rate at EVERY facility, EVERY time you play.
- 'Private Club Member for a Day' purchase opportunity for member and up to 3 guests at Lake Barrington Shores GC.
- Two 25% discounts on dining. (more…)