Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame
The William K. and Natalie O. Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame opened in the fall of 1999 thanks to the generous benefaction of William K. Warren, Jr., ND class of 1956. Named in honor of his parents, the golf course perfectly links three of Bill Warren’s abiding passions – his family, golf and Notre Dame. Mr. Warren’s generosity has continued throughout the years since the course opened. He has funded a number of improvements that have helped the golf course garner recognition as one of the top collegiate courses in the country.
Just northeast of the University of Notre Dame campus, winding through 250 heavily wooded acres, Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame is truly a classic test of golf! Built in 1999 by golf course architects Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, this beautifully designed course, with each hole connecting effortlessly to the next one, will challenge your skills as well as refresh your soul.
Beauty-–A links-style course comfortably nestled on 250 wooded acres. Expertly preserved as a wildlife habitat, the course received the coveted Audubon International certification. Lush fescue fairways, softly rolling terrain and the golden dome in the background make the course a beauty to behold.
Playability—The perfect balance of relaxation and challenge. The red fescue, heather and other native grasses that adorn the course are thoughtfully trimmed back for maximum playability. Four sets of tee boxes means players of all skill levels can get the most of their round at Warren.
Affordability—A premiere experience at a price that will surprise you. Rated the #6 Course in Indiana and the #12 Best College Course in America by GolfWeek, the course features the beauty and upkeep you would expect from a premier course but with rates starting as low as $35.
Afterwards, enjoy the 1800’s-style clubhouse for a sandwich and ale, and the opportunity to peruse Notre Dame golf team’s past accomplishments and a completely-stocked golf shop. The pro shop is resplendent with its fine collection of Notre Dame merchandise and the knowledgeable and friendly staff is always there to assist with instructional, club fitting and buying needs.
Tournament / Championship History
- 2019 U.S. Senior Open
- U.S. Women’s Public Links Championship ’10
- U.S. Senior Open Qualifier ’15, ’18
- U.S. Men’s Amateur Championship Qualifier ’01, ’02, ’04, ’08, ’11, ’12, ’14
- U.S. Men’s Open Qualifier ’09, ’10
- U.S. Men’s Mid-Am Qualifier ’17
- Western Amateur Championship Qualifier ’05, ’06, ’07, ’08
- NCAA Division I Men’s Regional Golf Championship ’05, ’10
- NCAA Division I Women’s Regional Championship ’11, ’15, ’20
- Big East Conference Men’s Golf Championship ’01, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’05
- Big East Conference Women’s Golf Championship ’03, ’04, ’05
Services & Amenities
- Practice facilities with driving range & putting green
- Private lessons or group clinics with PGA certified teachers
- Fully-stocked pro shop including Notre Dame merchandise
- Relaxing clubhouse for meals and beverages